This Sims 2 blog follows the lives of the Nuidya tribespeople of the southern plains, as they try to survive, thrive and figure out what exactly it means to be a dragonspark. Along the way, there'll be drama, romance, utter silliness, high-fantasy worldbuilder rambling and lots of cats. Just watch out for those storm demons - they're sneaky. :)

Friday, February 19, 2016

Experiment time

Since the old Kulo Seeri went pop I've been thinking about ways to add more of a sense of actual community into KS, ways to get myself out of the rut I found myself in during its last days as a functioning hood. I had slipped into a habit of playing each household effectively in a vacuum, no major story events or ROS etc. I guess it's a response to the high drama of the zombie battle, but it still felt a little flat. In a way, the glitches were a blessing in disguise.

And now I have two possible ways to do that. So, experiment time!
I am trying out one and a half different Sims games for Kulo Seeri. I've split the subhoods between them - Kulo Seeri proper in one, Lluza in the other - for the purposes of trying them out.

Wait, one and a half? What in the name of Sena Yuleng's lucky socks* is VT talking about now? Unofficial TS2 EPs, that's what. The Lluzan Sims will be sent into what I call a "deighbourhood" (doodle neighbourhood - that is, one for testing) using a certain "grown-ups only" custom EP. Not because I want it to have loads of random squicky woohoo themed stuff everywhere (I don't) but because a lot of its other features - like support for sticking toddlers in a childcare centre together - would have their uses in post-almost-zombie-apocalypse KS with all its orphans running round, add an extra layer of authenticity, and give me new game features to play with.

Meanwhile, taking inspiration from the handful of TS4 blogs I follow - that is exactly where I'll be sending the KS group. Granted, there's not a whole lot of Nuidya-appropriate CC for TS4 and it looks a bit of an inconsistent messy mess at the moment, and I'll probably end up moving both groups back to "standard" TS2 after a while, but I'll give it a go.

I'll still be blogging about both test groups as if they were regular hoods, seeing whether they work for KS play, so I might have updates soon. I apologise for the long update-less delay - I am starting to think that instead of tagging these posts "VT Interrupts" I need to tag my story posts "VT's Sims Interrupt". :)

*actually Sena Yuleng didn't wear socks.

2 comments:

  1. Actually there's a ton of new content out there for prehistory because of the work of so many creators for the Sims 4 history challenge! I would think a lot of it would be awesome for the Nuidya, and either Granite Falls or the Island in Windenburg work well, without roads and with hardly any lightposts and such.

    Anyway, this new endeavor sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was just thinking with the prehistory challenge that you might be able to find quite a bit of items for your TS4 experiment. I'm looking forward to seeing how both your test groups play out.

    ReplyDelete