This Sims 2 blog follows the lives of the Nuidya tribespeople of the southern plains, as they try to survive, thrive and figure out what exactly it means to be a dragonspark. Along the way, there'll be drama, romance, utter silliness, high-fantasy worldbuilder rambling and lots of cats. Just watch out for those storm demons - they're sneaky. :)

Thursday, September 03, 2015

Back to Basics

I apologise for the long absence from blogger, everyone - it's been a summer of various illnesses and family drama, not to mention another rebuild, which I'm rambling about on my simblr. (Sometimes it feels like all I ever do is rebuild...)

But that's not quite true - I am playing. Kulo Seeri has just gained a "spinoff series"!


Zade zan-Ace has put in a few appearances in my story posts before now. Starting life as S'Ahmisa zan-Ace's plantbaby, grown in TS3 Bridgeport towards the end of that two-decades-long gap year, she grew up and stepped in to help Markal with his four motherless babies after Turi's death. Just as the older two were about to leave home, she started flirting with other guys in front of Markal and they divorced. I don't even think Zade likes kids. She's just in it to gain favour.

But now? She's just been found guilty of a serious crime, and sent packing from Lluza with the first lot of traders who came up the mountain trails this spring. Now she's living somewhere as unlike KS and Lluza as my Sims can get... Strangetown.


Zade has been exiled here for life (along with her dog Ella). What's a former Nuidya to do on an empty 5x5 lot in the middle of the desert? Here's a hint: it starts with "L" and ends with "egacy". I'm doing this in a completely different style to KS - Maxis Match style, premade neighbours, and more mod cons than mods.

Which is exactly how KS itself got started - so I'm going back to my Simming roots here.

This is the Rakal Legacy (ra kal = "hairless" in Maltiazi; a shaved head is the mark of a criminal in Kulo Seeri) and I'll be playing it alongside Kulo Seeri. I haven't started playing yet, but it should be fun, and break up the monotony of rebuilding a bit. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love your new theme, it looks perfect and sets the mood. Yay-- a legacy!! And I get to follow from the beginning! I LOVE the Strangetown premades, too, so this is going to be AWESOME.

    As far as constantly rebuilding, isn't that what sims is all about?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually got some of my inspiration from your TS4 legacy. I rolled a d8 to see which premade hood to move Zadie to, and as luck would have it, it was probably the one where someone like her *coughOliveSpecter* would fit best. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I am excited about this! I like the shaved heads as a mark of a criminal. I'm glad that you will be playing it along side KS, very curious to see what happens for her, and who she meets. I always enjoy reading legacy challenges, and I have none to read for TS2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically the shaved heads are the mark of anyone who's outside the typical social boundaries of KS - shamans, who spend ages away from the village wrangling demons and communing with ancestors, also shave their heads.

      Worldbuilder waffling over! :) Thanks for your comment, and I'm excited to have something completely different to play alongside KS too!

      Delete